Saturday, April 07, 2007

Knockout


You never expect the blow that floors you, for this very reason it is able to knock you right off your feet. We try to keep our guard up and defend ourselves in every way, but eventually we all fall. I believe once it happens to you, you’re never the same.

They say the best boxers are the ones that have never been knocked down. Once a fighter has fallen, they carry a fear with them and no longer take the risk necessary to become a champion.

I say the boxer that has never been knocked down has simply not challenged a worthy opponent and a large part of life is getting a taste of that cold hard matte. A true mark of a champion is not one without defeat, but one that knows the pains and sorrows of life well yet has the courage to face them time and time again.

A champion has to be able to take a good punch. - Muhammad Ali

If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive. - Josephine Hart

I don't like people who have never fallen or stumbled. Their virtue is lifeless and it isn't of much value. Life hasn't revealed its beauty to them. - Boris Pasternak

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good entry. I also really like the new layout.

Amy and Wes said...

Sammy...
We found your blog, you are a great writer. I look forward to many more posts.
We have linked you to our blog.
www.amyandwesboyack.blogspot.com

Bradden, Sunny, Hyrum, and Olivia Cannon said...

Sammy-

Spring Break 2005!! I was on Wes and Amy Boyack's blog and I saw your name and I couldn't but help smile and laugh at the same time. Take a look at our blog if Sunny hasn't sent you an email with our updates. Talk to you later and love the blog! Keep it up!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

So I found your blog and it was fun to see you yesterday at the U game! Congrats on the Wasatch back!!! lets do another triathalon again sometime...I know I can get Bill to do it too!
Best Wishes:)