Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Thankful


The things I should probably be the most thankful for are the many things I don’t have that I don’t want. As I look at my life, there are just a couple things I have ever wanted that I have not received. Deep down I feel like I could still do anything, I just have to want it bad enough.

This privileged existence has been possible because I have been too naïve or stubborn to realize life doesn’t always workout the way you plan it, and the fact that there are few things I’ve wanted in life. I’ve been able to focus my feeble efforts on a select few areas and continued along said path until I got there.

In the end I guess life isn’t so confusing after all. We just need to figure out what we want, and decide not to give up until we get there.

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. -Oprah

If you can't be content with what you have received, be thankful for what you have escaped.

No comments: