Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Gets better with Age

With my 26th birthday less than two weeks away, I had a close friend inform me how I was growing old so young. In reflecting this statement, I’ve found actions speak louder than words, and that statement pretty much defines my world.

- I am more likely to get up at 4:00 AM for a run than stay up past midnight
- Instead of turning to Jack Daniels for a little stress relief, I now listen to Jack Johnson
- My idea of mixing things up is going to spinning on Wednesday instead of Thursday
- I have to have a reason to stay up late
- I schedule my free time
- I get confused by MTV
- I drink diet sodas
- I listen to NPR and watch the market
- I don’t feel odd wearing a suit and tie
- I write the politicians that represent me and actually have an opinion

From the outside this might look sad, a younger version of me could have never imagined this life as I know it today. The truth of the matter is, what my world consists of today is totally up to me. I am free to do anything and I continue to choose this path. Young or old, I think I’ll have myself a pretty good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture of SF. You are great and you are not getting old. It's all relative.

Anonymous said...

The view's looking good from the Rio.