Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Formula


The greatest thing about money is the less of it you have the further you make it go. I think the same rings true about time.
I spent too much of my childhood putting things off; constantly in a state of fear of rejection, failure or making a mistake. A majority of the time, I ended up simply not making any sort of decision and kind of floated along taking whatever landed in my lap.

Today, I regret not taking more chances for even the worst failure is better than never trying. At times I also worry about over compensating for past mistakes and fear I could be becoming impulsive. Then I realize I need to get out of my head and thinking about all this is burning way too much valuable time, gotta love the irony.

I’ll get the formula right one of these days, but for now I’m enjoying the ride.
The Bank of Time

“Every morning we are credited with 86,400 seconds. Every night it rules off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to no good purpose. It carries over no balances. It allows no overdrafts. Each day it opens a new account with you. Each night it burns the records of the day. If you fail to use the day’s deposits the loss is yours, there is no going back. There is no drawing against the tomorrow. You must live in the present – on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and success.”

No comments: