Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Experience


Sometimes I feel like I have gone through all this formal education just to be forced to unlearn it down the road. All throughout school we are given lessons first then the exams. We are then graded not by the lessons we may have learned but on just our exam performance.

In the real world, I find that very few things actually work this way. I think a majority of the time we are given the final exam up front. We must first struggle blindly before we can learn any sort of lesson. All this preparation was in vain, we have been conditioned to expect everything backwards. In life the score you get really doesn't matter compared to the lessons we may learn. When I thought I was getting schooled, turns out to be a long episode of punk'd.

I hope someone somewhere is at least getting a kick out of this, I know I would be.

"Sometimes you cannot believe what you see; you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too - even when you’re in the dark, even when you’re falling." – Mitch Albom


No comments: