Friday, November 07, 2008

Never Know


One of the greatest feelings I had Tuesday night was when I came to the realization of what my children will never know. I am grateful for that preacher from Atlanta that made it so I too would not have to know. I have only had to learned about and not live through our tragic history of the buses in Montgomery, the hoses in Birmingham, and the bridge in Selma. For me and my posterity these struggles are of the past. Truth and love has already won over tyranny and hate. Barak Obama's victory has solidified to me, that preacher from Atlanta's dream is still very much alive and becoming reality.

As I look to the future, I am very hopeful of what this attorney from Hawaii has promised. I hope we may all be grateful for a few more thing to not know.

From President Elect Barak Obama's victory speech November 4th, 2008 - "America, we have come so far. We have seen so much. But there is so much more to do. So tonight, let us ask ourselves - if our children should live to see the next century; if my daughters should be so lucky to live as long as Ann Nixon Cooper, what change will they see? What progress will we have made? This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment. This is our time - to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: yes, we can. Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America."

No comments: