Friday, May 02, 2008

Lessons Learned


I thought I took my last final over two years ago, I found out this week my round of finals were just starting, I'll have many more exams on my journey in this wonderful life. The final I had this week I felt like I had a chance to cheat. The outcome of the course I care about more than any other course I've ever taken, if I could just take this chance I would received a good grade. What happened surprised even me. I let myself bomb the final, knowing I would lose what I cared about most.

Dealing with disappointment and loss is not something I even attempt to know how to do. In the middle of all this I have been able to learn one invaluable thing about myself. When it comes to the things that matter most in life, I care more about doing what is right than what I want. These coming days I will be able to measure how quickly I am able to find the courage to take another course. I pray I am able to use this experience as a motivation rather than a crutch.
"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart... pursue those."

1 comment:

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

Hope all is well!